MINUTES- NEW DOSEY TOWN BOARD MEETING- JULY 13, 2016
Meeting called to order at 7:45pm by Chair Dave Fornengo. Also present were Supervisor Dave Baker, Treasurer Mandy Fornengo, Clerk Fran Levings and Ed Proffit. Absent was Supervisor Jason Fornengo
Motion by Dave Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to approve the agenda. Carried.
Motion by Dave Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to approve the minutes of the June 8, 2016, meeting. Carried.
Treasurer Mandy Fornengo presented the Treasurer’s Report.
Bank Statement Checking Account Total= $112,955.85
Savings Account= $1160.48
Motion by Dave Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to approve the Treasurer’s Report. Carried.
Clerk Fran Levings presented the Claims List and the Net Payroll List for approval. (Attached to file copy of these minutes.) Motion by Dave Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to pay these bills. Carried.
- Clerk has reserved a place at the Pine County Historical Museum for the display about New Dosey township. She and Supervisor Baker will install the display.
- Motion by Dave Baker, second by Dave Fornengo, to invite both candidates for the MN House of Representatives to attend a Board meeting. Carried. Jason Rarick will be invited for the August meeting and Tom Jones will be invited for the September meeting.
Interim Zoning Administrator Fran Levings distributed copies of a Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility pamphlet. Copy available on Pine County website.
- NPAHD Report- Fran Levings reported (1) Some cutbacks due to budget restraints- no public cafeteria, kiosks instead, no covered walkway in front (2) distributed copies of the Mission Statement for NPAHD, presented Essentia Hospital’s list of services provided, their strategic plan, community needs assessment and a pamphlet on the new medical campus. (3) Work now being done on the signage for the new medical campus.
- Roads- (1) Dave Baker reported on a request from a resident to have the roadside brushing go further out (2) Due to flooding, the road work order will be revised. Consensus of the Board to stop the 5 order for 2016 and put pit run gravel where needed. Chair Fornengo will conduct an emergency review of all town roads after the flooding and will develop a draft of a new road work order. He will also research the availability of FEMA assistance if necessary. (4) Request from a property owner about the Town taking over Little Ox Creek Road. Clerk will give the person information of the “Dedication by Owner” method of giving the road to the town.
- Motion by Dave Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to contract with Bob Brewster for assessing services for 2016. Carried.
- Fran Levings reported on the MAT Short Course she attended on June 30. She gave them a 10-question quiz and presented a booklet on Gravel Roads.
ANYTHING ELSE TO COME BEFORE THE BOARD?
- Supervisor Baker reported on a request from a resident to purchase a culvert from the town. His request will be included in the next township culvert order.
Meeting adjourned at 8:55pm.
Fran Levings, Clerk Also signed by the Chair ______________Date _______