MINUTES- NEW DOSEY TOWN BOARD REGULAR MEETING- JANUARY 13, 2016
Meeting called to order at 7:30 pm by Vice-chair Dave Baker. Also present were Supervisor Jason Fornengo, Treasurer Mandy Fornengo, Clerk Fran Levings, Ron Mosser and Mary Mosser.
Absent was Chair Dave Fornengo.
Motion by Jason Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to approve the agenda. Carried.
Motion by Jason Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to approve the minutes of December 9, 2015. Carried.
Treasurer Mandy Fornengo presented the Treasurer’s Report. (Attached to file copy of these minutes)
FUND BALANCES: (as of January 7, 2016)
- General Fund $15177. 63
- Road & Bridge Fund $57137.07
- Cemetery/Landscaping Fund $3534.17
- Fire Protection Fund $16034.96
- Fire Hall Fund $125.00
Savings Account $1159.90
- Driveways Fund $6070.14
- CDs $45750.08
- TOTAL $144989.08
Motion by Dave Baker, second by Jason Fornengo, to approve the Treasurer’s Report. Carried.
Clerk Fran Levings presented the Claims List and the Net Payroll List for approval. (Attached to file copy of these minutes). Motion by Dave Baker, second by Jason Fornengo, to pay these bills. Carried.
- Reminder- The Board of Audit will meet 15 minutes prior to the February 10 meeting.
- Reminder- The Annual Election and Meeting will be held on March 8. Fran Levings has filed for clerk and Dave Baker has filed for supervisor. No other filings.
- Alternative Energy Report- 2660 KWH saved since 2011. This is a savings of $266. 12 KWR saved since December meeting.
NO ZONING REPORT
- Supervisor Baker reported on request the township has from Pine County Land Director Greg Beck for permission from the township to log some of our timber along with county timber on Loggers Lane. The township will be reimbursed for their share of the timber. Consensus was to permit this. Mr Beck also wanted to know of any township concerns with the berm on Loggers Lane. Baker had asked the one person who owns property beyond the berm if she had a problem with the berm and she said she did not. Supervisor suggested that Mr. Beck be asked to move ththe berm in the spring. The Clerk said she would contact him.
- Supervisor Baker also reported that Tri-State Logging Company will log on Creekview Lane this winter. They agreed to make any repairs to the road if necessary.
- North Pine Area Hospital District (NPAHD) representative Levings reported that the groundbreaking ceremony and reception for the new medical campus in Sandstone will be held on January 21.
- Motion by Fornengo, second by Baker, to approve the 2016 calendar.
- Motion by Baker, second by Fornengo, to approve the 2016 draft budget.
ANYTHING ELSE TO COME BEFORE THE BOARD?
- Ron Mosser reported on sewage being dropped on Timber Ridge Road. Baker responded that he had had a conversation with the property owner and was told to call the area conservation officer if it happens again.
Meeting adjourned at 8:25pm.
Respectfully submitted, Fran Levings, clerk _______________________
Also signed by the Vice- chair_______________________ Date _____________