MINUTES- NEW DOSEY TOWN BOARD REGULAR MEETING- SEPT. 14, 2016
Meeting called to order at 7:40 pm by Chair Dave Fornengo. Also present were Supervisor Dave Baker, Treasurer Mandy Fornengo, Clerk Fran Levings, State Representative Jason Rarick, Ed Proffit, Isaac Shultz (Aide to Rep. Rarick), Beverly Carlin and Ron Petrofske. Absent was Supervisor Jason Fornengo.
Motion by Dave Baker, second by Dave Fornengo, to approve the Agenda. Carried.
Special guest State Representative Jason Rarick began his comments by introducing himself- he is an electrician and lives in Pokegama Township. He is especially proud of assisting the North Pine Area Hospital District in securing state funding for the hospital campus being constructed in Sandstone. He discussed the need for infrastructure and climate change and said he would her left to attend the Arna Township meeting.
Motion by Dave Baker, second by Dave Fornengo, to approve the Minutes of the August 10, 2016, meeting. Carried.
Treasurer Mandy Fornengo presented the Treasurer’s Report (attached to file copy of these minutes). She reported that the bank statement and the CTAS statement balanced in August.
Bank Balance- $116,988.60
Savings Account- $1160.48
TOTAL FUNDS $164,352.18
Motion by Dave Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to accept the Treasurer’s Report. Carried.
Clerk Fran Levings presented the Claims List and the Net Payroll List for approval. (Attached to file copy of these minutes). Motion by Dave Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to pay these bills. Carried.
- Clerk & Supervisor Baker worked on setting up a New Dosey Township display at the Pine County Historical Museum in Askov.
- A Legal Seminar will be held in Rutledge on Sept. 17 at 9am- Free.
- One stove does not work.
- Has the leaky stove been fixed?
- 2 Land Use Permits have been issued (1) #135 Scott Trenholm- storage building and (2) # 136 Pete Miller & Janelle Moen- cabin.
- NPAHD report by Fran Levings- (1) The VA will not be taking the existing hospital building. A realtor has been contracted. The asking price is $450,000. (2) New services to be offered in the future- Wound Care, Respiratory, Heart & Vascular, Chemotherapy, Sleep Studies, and Dialysis. (3) An art contest is being held to provide art for a 61’ wall in the new hospital. (4) Signs on the freeway & campus are being developed. (5) There will probably not be any links between the Assisted Living Facility and the hospital when the campus opens.
- Little Ox Creek Road- Property owner Dennis Welsh has deeded over to the township his land on the road. The township has now taken road authority over this road and is having maintenance work done on it. Contractor Ed Proffit suggested new grading procedures for the summer of 2017. Kingsdale property owner Ron Petrofske reported that he has worked on the beaver culvert on the Kingsdale Road and also suggests new grading procedures on that road.
- Dave Baker reported that there is no need to order culverts at this time.
- Chair Fornengo has contacted the Town of Blaine in Wisconsin and roadside brushing will begin in October.
- Motion by Dave Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to sign a Volunteer Service with Ronnie Mosser. Carried. Mr. Mosser has volunteered his services to assist with road maintenance work for the months of September and October.
- Clerk Levings reported on the MAT District 7 meeting she attended on August 31. (1) Pine City Township sought approval for 2 resolutions they have offered for MAT to try to get legislated. One deals with group homes in their township and the second with fire contracts the township has with Pine City. (2) 80 MN townships still have not submitted the annual State Auditor’s report- 5 townships in Pine County have yet to do so. (3) Legislative wrap-up-MN will have a primary election to determine the presidential candidate, permits can be required for work on township road right-of-ways, no transportation bill was passed, and statewide broadband is still being discussed.
- Motion by Dave Fornengo, second by Dave Baker to authorize Carole and Ron Hessler to build and construct a Little Library to be placed in front of the town hall. Carried.
ANYTHING ELSE TO COME BEFORE THE BOARD?
- Chair Fornengo reported that Pine County Land Commissioner Greg Beck said the policy on gravel pits has changed. Pit Run gravel is free. An agreement will be sent.
Adjourned at 9:03pm. Clerk______________________ Chair_______________ Date_____