MINUTES- REGULAR MEETING- NEW DOSEY TOWN BOARD-AUGUST 12, 2015
Meeting called to order at 7:30 pm by Chair Dave Fornengo. Also present were Supervisor Dave Baker, Treasurer Mandy Fornengo, Clerk Fran Levings, Ron and Mary Mosser, Ed and Jan Proffit. Absent was Supervisor Jason Fornengo.
Motion by Dave Baker, second by Dave Fornengo, to approve the Agenda. Carried.
Motion by Dave Baker, second by Dave Fornengo, to approve the minutes of the July 8, 2015, meeting. Carried.
Treasurer Mandy Fornengo presented the Treasurer’s Report. (Attached to file copy of these minutes)
- General Fund $14,277.71
- Road & Bridge Fund $52,025.30
- Cemetery/Landscaping Fund $2239.73
- Fire Protection Fund $16,611.45
- Fire Hall Fund $125.45
- Savings Account $1160.41
- Driveways Fund $3757.45
- CDs $45,219.22
- TOTAL $135,416.71
RECEIPTS SINCE JUNE 1ST:
- Interest-Checking $1.51
- Refund- Federated Co-op $34.98
- 1st ½ of Property Taxes $25,963.33
- Interest- Savings $.29
- Driveways Fund $120.00
- Land Use Permit $25.00
- Tax-Forfeited Land Sale $52,301.71
Discussion of the possibility of purchasing a 3rd CD in the future. Motion by Dave Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to approve the Treasurer’s Report. Carried.
Clerk Fran Levings presented the Claims List & the Net Payroll List for approval. (Attached to file copy of these minutes). Motion by Dave Baker, second by Dave Baker, to pay these bills. Carried.
- Motion by Dave Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to purchase a filing cabinet from Tri-State Business State Business Systems for $331.95.
- MAT District 7 Meeting- Anoka/ Ramsey College- Sept. 2. Clerk will attend.
- Letter from MATIT stating that they will send a representative to inspect our buildings to determine what the insurance coverage should be.
- Letter from Pine County Historical Society requesting to send a representative to a future town board meeting. Clerk was advised to contact them and schedule a speaker.
- Zoning Administrator was advised to send a certified letter to the property owners on Little Fawn Drive insisting that they have the dilapidated mobile home removed from the road.
- Discussion of another property that fits the definition of “blight” resulted in the town officers agreeing that we have no authority to ask them to clean up the yard.
- Chair Fornengo met with Pauline Amundsen, Emergency Preparedness Coordinator for Pine County. He explained how the Pilot Program for our township to set up an Emergency Preparedness would work. A Captain Coordinator would work directly with Ms. Amundsen. The township would be divided into sections with each section having a captain assisting residents is his/her section. All fulltime residents would be listed with any special needs being identified. Chair Fornengo will begin working on a map and will ask other board members for lists of residents. A drill practice will eventually be scheduled.
- Fran Levings, NPAHD representative, reported on her attendance at the Wilma Town Board meeting explaining the benefits of joining the District. The topic will be put on the Agenda for the Wilma Town Meeting next March. Ms. Levings is also serving on a Task Force for the District to explore the possibilities for what to do with the Pine Medical Center when it is vacated.
- Consensus of the Board to place an order for culverts with True North Steel Co. We will order 7- 12 X 30 and 6- 15 x 30. 3- 12 X 30s and 2- 15 X 30s will be for Arna Township. They will reimburse our township for only the 2- 15 X 30s as we owe them 3 culverts. Ron Mosser will receive one of the 12 X 30s and he will reimburse the township also.
- Chair Fornengo will order more highway cones and safety flags.
- Letter from Dale Powers, Zoning Authority, offering his services free was discussed. He will be contacted if we feel we need his services.
- Treasurer will send Plowing Private Drives notices out in September.
ANYTHING ELSE TO COME BEFORE THE BOARD:
- Ron Mosser apprised the Board of a big rock in Hay Creek Road by Al Holter’s home. Contractor Ed Proffit will take care of this.
- Ron Mosser & Ed Proffit expressed concerns about holes left in the road by the Pine County Surveyor recently. Supervisor Baker will contact the Surveyor about this.
- Supervisor Baker wants to develop a plan for Creekview Lane to submit to the Soil & Water District. Dave Fornengo will work with him on this.
Meeting adjourned at 9 pm.
Respectfully submitted,_____________________Fran Levings, Clerk _________Chair