MINUTES-NEW DOSEY TOWNSHIP REGULAR BOARD MEETING-
SEPTEMBER 10, 2014
Meeting called to order at 7:35pm by Chair Dave Fornengo. Also present were Supervisor Dave Baker, Clerk Fran Levings, Deputy Clerk Mandy Fornengo, and Ron Petroske. Absent were Supervisor Jason Fornengo and Treasurer Margaret Coveau.
Motion by Dave Baker, second by Dave Fornengo, to approve the Agenda. Carried.
Motion by Dave Baker, second by Dave Fornengo, to approve the minutes of August 13, 2014. Carried.
Clerk Levings presented the Treasurer’s Report as prepared by Treasurer Margaret Coveau. (Attached to file copy of these minutes) Fund Balances are: General Fund- $12,489.89, Road & Bridge Fund- $36,148.65, Fire Protection Fund- 9143.91, Fire Hall Fund- $125.45, Cartway Fund-$89.15, Cemetery/Landscaping Fund- $353.80. Savings Account-$1158.16, Driveways Fund-$4340.18 and CDs- $44,696.71. Receipts include MN State Aid ($7076.00) and the 2014 PILT (Payment in Lieu of Taxes) ($7189.13.)
Motion by Dave Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to approve the Treasurer’s Report. Carried.
Clerk Levings presented the Claims List and the Net Payroll List for approval. (Attached to file copy of these minutes). Motion by Dave Baker, second by Dave Fornengo, to pay these bills. Carried.
- Reminder- Legal Township Seminar- Rutledge- Sept. 27- 9am,
- Clerk received New Address Request forms from the Emergency Management Coordinator for Pine County. She requested that we have anyone landowners requesting fire # to complete a form and mail to the County. Motion by Dave Baker, second by Dave Fornengo, to send a form to all property owners on Hay Creek that do not have a fire #.
- Land Use Permit # 115 issued to Calen Baugn to convert a bee house into a dwelling. Zoning Administrator explained that this permit is exempt from the “one dwelling/parcel” rule because the dwelling is for an elderly relative.
- Land Use Permit # 116 issued to Scott Walberg to construct a cabin.
- Zoning administrator also clarified that those new outhouses built must have a holding tank IF they are within 300 feet of water and the outhouse must be less than 3 feet above the water table.
- Discussion of culverts- Dave Baker will remind Doug Wiita, road worker, that Timber Ridge Road & McDermott Creek Road need culverts and a collar for culverts needs to be purchased.
- There has been no beaver activity on Kingsdale Road, but plenty on Creek View Lane. Dave Fornengo had been working on this problem.
- The township still has $680 remaining from Pine County for work on the Matt Lourey Trail . Land Department employee Greg Beck will work with the township on this.
TRUCK REPLACEMENT/REPAIRS- Dave Fornengo reported that is was difficult to find a buyer for the truck. A quote on repairs came in at $3-$4,000. He contacted Boyer Trucks and received a quote of $25,169.25 (this price includes all fees) using a trade-in for our truck.(Quote attached to file copy of these minutes) The current truck was purchased in 2008 for $27,250.00. Boyer estimates $15,00 for a trade-in price. Clerk Levings said the township has the money due to a State Aid contribution. Supervisor agreed that time is of the essence because we will need a working plow truck for the winter snow season
Motion by Dave Baker, second by Dave Fornengo, to purchase a 2012 Ford pickup truck with mileage of 33,575 from Boyer Trucks for @$25,169.25. Motion carried.
- New CTAS 8 accounting program will be available in October. Training for this program will be held in Duluth on October 6. Once the clerk has the new CTAS disc, the township will purchase 2 new laptop computers- one for the clerk & one for the treasurer. Motion by Dave Baker, second by Dave Fornengo, to do so.
- Purchase of a safe is postponed for a few month.
- The supervisor decided on October 18- 10am- as the date and time for a Special Town Meeting for the purpose of discussing and perhaps deciding whether or not to join the North Pine Area Hospital District. Clerk will do all of the postings and invite Ron Osladil, president of the Hospital District, to attend.
- MAT District 7 meeting report- (1) Dave Baker reported that MAT is lobbying against a Army Corps of Engineers rule that would put ALL waterways (ponds, small streams, etc.) under their jurisdiction. (2) MAT stressed the importance of always having the reason for any significant motions put into the meeting minutes. (3) Federal gas tax revenues are declining due to not that much gas being used anymore. This will be a problem for funding road projects. Fran Levings reported (1) Only 17.5 of the MN population lives in townships.(2) Over 100 townships statewide have not filed the required-by-law State Auditor’s Report yet. They are due March 1 of each year. (3) All ballots for township elections must now be white, not green. (4) Township employees must earn $5100/year in order to be required to pay into PERA- Public Employee Retirement Association. It used to be $425 in one month.
- Motion by Dave Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to set the following wage scale for labor- Equipment Operator- $20/Hour, Labor- $20/hour and Mechanic- $25/hour.
Meeting adjourned at 9:10pm.
Fran Levings, Clerk
Also signed by the Chair ____________________________ Date ________________