MINUTES-NEW DOSEY TOWN BOARD- REGULAR MEETING-APRIL 8, 2015
Meeting called to order at 7:35pm by Chair Dave Fornengo. Also present were Supervisors Jason Fornengo and Dave Baker, Treasurer Mandy Fornengo, Clerk Fran Levings, Pine County Emergency Preparedness Coordinator Pauline Amundsen and Pine County Attorney Reese Frederickson.
Motion by Jason Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to approve the agenda. Carried.
Pauline Amundson, Pine County Emergency Preparedness Coordinator, explained that the Preparedness Program was set up after the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001. Scenarios that this program may be dealing with include anthrax, SARS, pandemic flu, sheltering, and public communication. Her program is a coordinated effort including the medical community, fire departments and police departments. All counties in Minnesota have an emergency coordinator and it is usually the sheriff of the county. Some recent emergencies in Pine County include the Markville Blowdown of 2011, the Willow River Flood of 2012, a “white powder” incident in the Pine County Courthouse and the propane shortage of 2013. Local governments are primarily responsible during an emergency situation. The Red Cross is not required; they are volunteers. Motion by Dave Baker, second by Jason Fornengo, that New Dosey Township will participate in the Township Pilot Program of Emergency Preparedness under the auspices of Pine County. Carried.
Reese Frederickson, newly elected Pine County Attorney, introduced himself to the Board, and said he plans to attend at least one meeting of all Pine County Townships. He outlined his main job duties as (1) criminal prosecutions (2) general counsel for all county offices and (3) advisor to the Pine County Board of Supervisors.
The Board thanked both speakers for their time and effort in driving out to our township and speaking to us.
Motion by Jason Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to approve the minutes of the March 18, 2015, regular town board meeting. Carried.
Motion by Jason Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to approve the minutes of the Board of Re-Organization meeting of March 18, 2015. Carried.
There was no monthly treasurer’s report as the Bank Statement had not arrived yet.
Clerk Fran Levings presented the Claims List & the Net Payroll List for payment. (Attached to file copy of these minutes). Motion by Dave Fornengo, second by Jason Fornengo, to pay these bills. Carried.
- Thank-you letters received from the Seven-County Senior Federation and Family Pathways Senior Services for donations made.
- Letter from Centurylink requesting info on plans for road construction.
- Letter from the Land Stewardship Program saying no bill in legislature this year to eliminate townships.
- Summer Short Course- June 5- Carlton- Clerk will call Board members in early May so we can meet the early registration price.
- Letter sent to Methven Funeral Home informing them that one cemetery lot is now $500.
- Webmaster Glen Williamson will meet with the Clerk & Treasurer on May 17 to help with the CTAS migration.
- Permit application sent to Telecom for any work they may do on a town road. Zoning administrator and Supervisor Baker drafted the permit.
- Wetlands Training reported on by Zoning Administrator & Supervisor Baker.
- Road Review confirmed for April 11th.
- Chair Fornengo reported that he sent an email to the newly-elected sheriff Jeff Nelson, newly-elected State Representative Jason Rarick, County Board representative Matt Ludwig and newly-elected Pine County Attorney Reese Frederickson inviting them to attend a meeting of ours.
- Meeting Reports:
- Pine County Township Officers- Highlights: Will be working on Zoning, boat owners will eventually have to take an on-line course
- MAT Short Course- Excellent workshop on Workers Compensation report, info on legislation pending affecting townships, more info on new CTAS.
- NPAHD- 5 contracts were signed with businesses that will be part of the construction and set-up of the new hospital campus in Sandstone.
ANYTHING ELSE TO COME BEFORE THE BOARD? Discussion among supervisors about the status of the snow plow truck. The truck will be used for the Road Review.
Meeting adjourned at 9:05pm.
Fran Levings, Clerk Also signed by the Chair:_____________________