September 22nd, 2015
MINUTES- REGULAR MEETING- NEW DOSEY TOWN BOARD- SEPTEMBER 9, 2015
Meeting called to order at 7:30 pm by Chair Dave Fornengo. Also present were Supervisors Dave Baker and Jason Fornengo, Treasurer Mandy Fornengo and Clerk Fran Levings.
Motion by Jason Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to approve the Agenda. Carried.
Motion by Dave Baker, second by Jason Fornengo, to approve the minutes of the August, 2015, meeting. Carried.
Treasurer Mandy Fornengo presented the Treasurer’s Report (attached to file copy of these minutes). FUND BALANCES:
- General Fund $17,142.24
- Road & Bridge Fund $56,702.11
- Cemetery/Landscaping Fund $2,434.99
- Fire Protection Fund $18,542.31
- Fire Hall Fund $125.45
- Driveways Fund $3,757.45
- Savings Account $1,160.41
- CDs $45,219.22
- TOTAL $145,083.97
Motion by Dave Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to approve the Treasurer’s Report. Carried.
Clerk Fran Levings presented the Claims List and the Net Payroll List for approval. (Attached to file copy of these minutes). Motion by Dave Fornengo, second by Jason Fornengo, to pay these bills. Carried.
- Reminder- Legal Seminar- Rutledge Town Hall- September 19.
- Clerk explained that Marlene Mishler, former township housekeeper, wished to donate her pay from June, 2014-March, 2015, in the amount of $175 to the Cemetery/Landscaping Perpetual Care Fund and Cheryl Fornengo wished to donate her reimbursement for flowers she purchased in the amount of $21 to the Cemetery/Landscaping Perpetual Care Fund. Motion by Jason Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to authorize the clerk to transfer $196 from the General Fund to the Cemetery/Landscaping Fund. Carried.
- Clerk reported on a conversation she had with Methven Funeral Home director
stating that they have 2 graves left for indigent persons and may not purchase
- The dilapidated mobile home has been removed from Little Fawn Drive.
- Zoning Administrator Fran Levings reported that she had printed several documents from Pine County Zoning Administrator Kelly Schroeder and will file them under Septic and/or Shoreland.
- ZA was advised that Pine County is in the process of updating their Comprehensive Plan.
- Supervisor Baker reported that he has begun the Creekview Lane report- He will be working with the Soil & Water District to get a permit for work on the 2nd mile on that road.
- NPAHD report- The MN Court of Appeals upheld the District in denying the Hinckley detachment. The City of Hinckley has approved a motion to not proceed any further. Discussion of reimbursement for First Responders-Micheal Hedrix, Essentia CEO, said it is not in their contract with the County and suggested that the townships should pay their own 1st Responders. The new medical campus is on course to begin construction in October. Ms. Levings presented a report indicating patient satisfaction with Essentia Health Care in Sandstone.
- Chair Fornengo distributed a draft list of New Dosey Township fulltime residents and a township may in his presentation of the role our township will play in the Emergency Preparedness Program for Pine County. Mr Fornengo will be the captain of this pilot project. He will enlist an assistant captain and section captains. Each captain will have a packet explaining his/her duties. The plan is to have a master map of the township and divide the township into sections to be monitored.
- NEW BUSINESS:
- MAT District 7 Meeting- Anoka-Ramsey Community College- September 2, 2015. Thrust of the meeting was to inform the townships of legislation being proposed or passed by the state legislature- we do NOT want to raise the load limits for trucks on township roads. We want to defeat the annexation bill. We want to raise the rate of PILT payments. We want to get to the point of having only ONE permit for any construction. We want more funding for Broadband coverage
- Motion by Dave Baker, second by Dave Fornengo, to hire Jason Fornengo to be the 2015-16 snow plow truck driver. Motion by Jason Fornengo, to have John Fornengo and Ron Mosser as back-up drivers for both the truck and the grader.
Meeting adjourned at 9 pm. __________________Clerk ____________Chair
August 20th, 2015
MINUTES- REGULAR MEETING- NEW DOSEY TOWN BOARD-AUGUST 12, 2015
Meeting called to order at 7:30 pm by Chair Dave Fornengo. Also present were Supervisor Dave Baker, Treasurer Mandy Fornengo, Clerk Fran Levings, Ron and Mary Mosser, Ed and Jan Proffit. Absent was Supervisor Jason Fornengo.
Motion by Dave Baker, second by Dave Fornengo, to approve the Agenda. Carried.
Motion by Dave Baker, second by Dave Fornengo, to approve the minutes of the July 8, 2015, meeting. Carried.
Treasurer Mandy Fornengo presented the Treasurer’s Report. (Attached to file copy of these minutes)
- General Fund $14,277.71
- Road & Bridge Fund $52,025.30
- Cemetery/Landscaping Fund $2239.73
- Fire Protection Fund $16,611.45
- Fire Hall Fund $125.45
- Savings Account $1160.41
- Driveways Fund $3757.45
- CDs $45,219.22
- TOTAL $135,416.71
RECEIPTS SINCE JUNE 1ST:
- Interest-Checking $1.51
- Refund- Federated Co-op $34.98
- 1st ½ of Property Taxes $25,963.33
- Interest- Savings $.29
- Driveways Fund $120.00
- Land Use Permit $25.00
- Tax-Forfeited Land Sale $52,301.71
Discussion of the possibility of purchasing a 3rd CD in the future. Motion by Dave Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to approve the Treasurer’s Report. Carried.
Clerk Fran Levings presented the Claims List & the Net Payroll List for approval. (Attached to file copy of these minutes). Motion by Dave Baker, second by Dave Baker, to pay these bills. Carried.
- Motion by Dave Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to purchase a filing cabinet from Tri-State Business State Business Systems for $331.95.
- MAT District 7 Meeting- Anoka/ Ramsey College- Sept. 2. Clerk will attend.
- Letter from MATIT stating that they will send a representative to inspect our buildings to determine what the insurance coverage should be.
- Letter from Pine County Historical Society requesting to send a representative to a future town board meeting. Clerk was advised to contact them and schedule a speaker.
- Zoning Administrator was advised to send a certified letter to the property owners on Little Fawn Drive insisting that they have the dilapidated mobile home removed from the road.
- Discussion of another property that fits the definition of “blight” resulted in the town officers agreeing that we have no authority to ask them to clean up the yard.
- Chair Fornengo met with Pauline Amundsen, Emergency Preparedness Coordinator for Pine County. He explained how the Pilot Program for our township to set up an Emergency Preparedness would work. A Captain Coordinator would work directly with Ms. Amundsen. The township would be divided into sections with each section having a captain assisting residents is his/her section. All fulltime residents would be listed with any special needs being identified. Chair Fornengo will begin working on a map and will ask other board members for lists of residents. A drill practice will eventually be scheduled.
- Fran Levings, NPAHD representative, reported on her attendance at the Wilma Town Board meeting explaining the benefits of joining the District. The topic will be put on the Agenda for the Wilma Town Meeting next March. Ms. Levings is also serving on a Task Force for the District to explore the possibilities for what to do with the Pine Medical Center when it is vacated.
- Consensus of the Board to place an order for culverts with True North Steel Co. We will order 7- 12 X 30 and 6- 15 x 30. 3- 12 X 30s and 2- 15 X 30s will be for Arna Township. They will reimburse our township for only the 2- 15 X 30s as we owe them 3 culverts. Ron Mosser will receive one of the 12 X 30s and he will reimburse the township also.
- Chair Fornengo will order more highway cones and safety flags.
- Letter from Dale Powers, Zoning Authority, offering his services free was discussed. He will be contacted if we feel we need his services.
- Treasurer will send Plowing Private Drives notices out in September.
ANYTHING ELSE TO COME BEFORE THE BOARD:
- Ron Mosser apprised the Board of a big rock in Hay Creek Road by Al Holter’s home. Contractor Ed Proffit will take care of this.
- Ron Mosser & Ed Proffit expressed concerns about holes left in the road by the Pine County Surveyor recently. Supervisor Baker will contact the Surveyor about this.
- Supervisor Baker wants to develop a plan for Creekview Lane to submit to the Soil & Water District. Dave Fornengo will work with him on this.
Meeting adjourned at 9 pm.
Respectfully submitted,_____________________Fran Levings, Clerk _________Chair
July 6th, 2015
MINUTES-REGULAR NEW DOSEY TOWN BOARD MEETING- JUNE 10, 2015
Meeting called to order at 7:30pm by Chair Dave Fornengo. Also present were Supervisor Dave Baker,
Treasurer Mandy Fornengo, and Clerk Fran Levings. Absent was Supervisor Jason Fornengo.
Motion by Dave Baker, second by Dave Fornengo, to approve the agenda. Carried.
Motion by Dave Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to approve the minutes of May 13, 2015. Carried
Treasurer Mandy Fornengo presented the Treasurer’s report. (Attached to file copy of these minutes).
- General Fund- ($5389.71)
- Road & Bridge Fund- $11,870.47
- Cemetery/Landscaping Fund $1462.84
- Fire Protection Fund- $6319.94
- Fire Hall Fund- $125.45
- Savings Account- $1160.12
- Driveways $3651.40
- CDs $45046.88
- TOTAL $64247.39
Clerk said she would call CTAS about peculiar Investment data input on Schedule 1 report.
Motion Dave Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to approve the Treasurer’s report. Carried.
Clerk Fran Levings presented the Claims List & the Net Payroll List for approval. (Attached to file copy of these minutes). Motion by Dave Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to pay these bills. Carried.
- Clerk presented the Demographic report. Although the Board commented that there may be a discrepancy, the Board will not challenge the report. Clerk will file it.
- Supervisor Baker reported on phone conversations he has had with property owners on Creekview Lane.
- He said he will begin the process of road work with the Soil & Water District.
A Minimum-Maintenance sign will be put up on Red Maple Lane.
- Clerk was advised to send a letter to the property owners on Little Fawn Drive informing them that the dilapidated mobile home on that road needs to be removed. It is in violation of the township Land Use Ordinance in the setback and one principal dwelling sections.
- Letter from Robin Mathews, Pine County Surveyor, requesting permission to do some excavations on Hay Creek Road. Motion by Dave Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to grant permission to Mr. Mathews’ request. Carried. Clerk will send him a letter on this
Consensus was to place an order for culverts when we need them.
- Fran Levings reported that the City of Sandstone’s grant request for money for infrastructure for the road to the proposed new hospital was rejected. The City plans to re-apply after meeting with representatives from the U.S. Economic Development Authority.
- Chair Fornengo reported that the township property by the town hall is now off the auction list.
- Pauline Amundson, Pine County Emergency PreParedness Coordinator, would like to meet with the Board and get the project started in our township.
Meeting adjourned at 8:30pm.
Fran Levings, Clerk
Also signed by the Chair- ___________________________________ Date ____________________