Fun was had last night at the All Community Party and Potluck. To see the photos and a video, click on the photo above or go to https://www.facebook.com/duxburynews.wilmatownshipmn/posts/634115410082596
MINUTES- NEW DOSEY TOWN BOARD REGULAR MEETING- NOV. 9, 2016
Meeting called to order by Vice-chair Dave Baker. Also present were Treasurer Mandy Fornengo, Clerk Fran Levings, Supervisor Jason Fornengo, Don Eddy, and Beverly Carlin. Absent was Chair Dave Fornengo.
Motion by Jason Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to approve the Agenda. Carried.
Motion by Jason Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to approve the Board minutes from Oct. 12, 2016. Carried.
Treasurer Mandy Forengo presented the Treasurer’s Report (attached to file copy of these minutes).
General Fund- $8649.14
Road & Bridge Fund- $67,164.25
Fire Protection Fund- $22,152.24
Cemetery/Landscaping Fund- $3165.11
Fire Hall Fund- $125.45
Driveways Fund- $6193.99
Savings Account- $1160.77
TOTAL FUNDS- $154,715.05
Motion by Dave Baker, second by Jason Fornengo, to accept the Treasurer’s Report. Carried.
Clerk Fran Levings presented the Claims List & the Net Payroll List for approval (attached to file copy of these minutes). Motion by Jason Fornengo, second by Dave Baker to pay these bills. Carried.
- Board of Review- April 10, 2017- 11am
- Road Certification Report submitted- 26.83 miles of township roads.
- All-Community Holiday Party- Dec. 3- 5:30pm at the town hall.
- 2 Land Use Permits issued- (1) # 136- Pete Miller- Dwelling (2) #13- Jeff Lindgren- Dwelling
- NPAHD report- No new developments except the Art History Wall committee has selected 3 local artists to create art work for some of the walls. There have been some problems with the gas company on the construction.
- Supervisors Dave Baker and Jason Fornengo signed off on the 2016 Road Work Order.
- Motion by Dave Baker, second by Jason Fornengo, to hire Jason Fornengo as the snow plow operator for this winter season, with John Fornengo being the back-up operator. Carried.
- Motion by Dave Baker, second by Jason Fornengo, to hire Frank Rehberger as the Ice & Snow Removal grader operator for this winter season, with John Fornengo being the back-up operator. Carried.
- Regarding request from the Pine County Historical Society for a “contract for services” at this time, consensus was to continue renewing this contract at the annual meeting in March and not at this time.
- PINE COUNTY TOWNSHIP OFFICERS MEETING REPORT by Fran Levings. (1) Pine County Supervisor Steve Hallan reported on road work, LGA funding, and that it would take $50 million to provide Broadband services for all of Pine County. (2) Pine County Attorney Reese Frederickson reported that his office has had a record number of convictions in 2016. (3) Pine County Sheriff’s Investigator Paul Widenstrom reported that cooperation between the sheriff’s office and the county attorney’s office is excellent. (4) Pine County Assessor Kelly Schroder reported that the Pine County Comprehensive Zoning Plan will be put before the public in December. There will be no township assessors after 2019.
- SOLAR SEMINAR REPORT by Dave Baker & Fran Levings. The purpose of the seminar was to discuss how to deal with Solar developers. The attendance was widespread- MN Power, City of Sturgeon Lake, City of Hinckley, Mille Lacs County, UMD, Nemadji Research, St. Louis County, Pine County Board, Carlton County, New Dosey Township and ECE were all represented. Solar panels cost $76.67/watt in 2977 and now cost .67/watt. There has been an 800% increase in rooftop solar use in the last 7 years. Germany has more solar installation than any other country. An adequate place for solar must be un-shaded for 4 hours/day. The types of solar are- Roof mounted, Ground mounted, Solar Gardens (10-30 acres) and Solar Farms (5-1,000 acres). Chisago County, MN, has the largest solar farm in the upper Midwest. Excel Energy is a leader in solar energy. Booklet “Local Government Solar Toolkit” was shown.
- Discussion of payment to Board Members when they are absent from a meeting. The policy has been to pay members who are absent from a meeting because they still conduct township business during the month. It was also noted by the Clerk that NO Board Member has ever asked to be paid when absent. Clerk merely followed the policy and issued a Net Payroll form for approval at the next Board meeting. Motion by Jason Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, that a Board Member will be paid for 3 excused absences per year and no more. Carried.
- Motion by Dave Baker, second by Jason Fornengo, to sign an equipment lease with Ronnie Mosser which authorizes the Board to reimburse him $60/hour for use of his backhoe. Carried.
- The lease will be for the year Nov. 1, 2016-Oct. 31, 2017.
ANYTHING ELSE TO COME BEFORE THE BOARD:
- Resident Don Eddy reminded the Board that a motion was approved at the Oct. 2016 meeting to have some gravel delivered to his road. Motion by Jason Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to authorize Mr. Eddy to purchase the gravel and the township will reimburse him. Carried.
- Supervisor Baker reported on a conversation with a property owner on School House Road going west from Highway 24. A bridge is out and damage is being done by persons driving on the edge. Consensus was to deal with this concern during the 2017 road review.
Meeting adjourned at 8:35 pm.
Fran Levings, clerk
Also signed by the Vice-chair_________________________