MINUTES- REGULAR MEETING- NEW DOSEY TOWN BOARD- JUNE 11, 2014
Meeting called to order at 7:30pm by Chair Dave Fornengo. Also present were Supervisors Dave Baker and Jason Fornengo, Clerk Fran Levings, Deputy Clerk Mandy Fornengo, Todd Elliott and Ed Proffit.
Motion by Jason Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to approve the Agenda. Carried.
Motion by Dave Fornengo, second by Jason Fornengo, to approve the minutes as amended to read – Under Old Business (1) Change TARP to TEP. Carried.
Clerk Fran Levings presented the Treasurer’s Report as prepared by Treasurer Margaret Coveau. (Attached to file copy of these minutes) Fund Balances are: General Fund- $3255.05, Road & Bridge Fund-$15924.65, Cemetery/Landscaping Fund- $810.74, Fire Protection Fund- $2927.45, Fire Hall Fund- $125.45, Cartway Fund- $89.15, Savings Account- $1157.08, Driveways Fund- $4330.79 and CDs- $44524.59. Motion by Dave Fornengo, second by Jason Fornengo, to accept the Treasurer’s Report.
Clerk Fran Levings presented the Claims List and the Net Payroll List for approval. (Attached to file copy of these minutes). Motion by Jason Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to pay these bills.
- Cemetery volunteer Al Holter had recommended purchasing a safe to store valuable cemetery and other records in. Chair Fornengo will research some prices.
- Clerk distributed copies of the amended Plowing Private Drives Policy. Dave Baker noted some typing errors that needed to be addressed.
- Clerk will attend the Minnesota Association of Townships Short Course in Carlton on June 26.
- Clerk distributed a copy of the New Dosey Township pay schedule and said she would have it put on our website.
- Clerk reported that the 2014 census report from the state demographer gives our township a population of 74.
NO ZONING REPORT
- Road work orders were assigned to Todd Elliott Excavating (Class 5 orders and culverts) and to Ed Profitt (pit run orders). Chair Fornengo detailed the work required for this year.
- Dave Baker reported that he will be part of a “walk-through” of the unnamed road going N. for 1/4th of a mile from Hwy 32 near the WI border. He will be accompanied by representatives from Pine County Soil & Water and the TEP program in Duluth. The “walk through” will be on June 17.
- No further report on the broken down plow truck.
- Dave Baker reported on the status of the cemetery as far as matching up with the recent survey completed by the Pine County Surveyor. The graves in the Block 3- the SE section are not in alignment with the survey. Those graves in Block 1 are in perfect alignment. Discrepancies will be noted in the cemetery records. Mr. Holter will computer-generate copies of the unaligned section. He would also like to purchase 16 block markers. Motion by Dave Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to do so Carried.. Mr. Fornengo will research prices.
- Township has received a letter from the Great River Energy with a proposal. Chair Fornengo will read the letter and report back to the Board.
- Motion by Dave Fornengo, second by Jason Fornengo, to contract again with Bob Brewster to do all assessing in our township.
- Pine County has some tax-forfeited land for sale. It is located off Hay Creek Road past Lydia Mishler’s former property. Sale of this land would make another property owner landlocked and the township is opposed to that. Chair Fornengo will contact County Land agent Greg Beck.
- Chair Fornengo will move forward on ordering the Internet and Telephone service for the town hall.
- Chair Fornengo will see what he can do about getting the flat tire on the grader fixed.
Meeting adjourned at 8:43pm.
Fran Levings, Clerk Also signed by the Chair___________________