MINUTES- NEW DOSEY TOWN BOARD REGULAR MEETING- OCTOBER 15, 2014
Meeting called to order at 7:23pm by Chair Dave Fornengo. Also present were Supervisors Jason Fornengo and Dave Baker, Clerk Fran Levings, and Deputy Clerk Mandy Fornengo. Absent was Treasurer Margaret Coveau.
Motion by Jason Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to approve the Agenda. Carried.
Motion by Dave Baker, second by Jason Fornengo, to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of September 10, 2014. Carried.
Clerk Levings presented the Treasurer’s Report as prepared by Treasurer Margaret Coveau.(Attached to file copy of these minutes). She said she deducted the cost of the new snowplow truck from the Road & Bridge Fund because the Driveways Fund would not have had enough funds to cover this expense. She also reported that the township has two more payments coming in this year- a 2nd State Aid check and the 2nd portion of the Property Taxes. FUND BALANCES ARE: General Fund- $10023.25, Road & Bridge Fund- $25794.82, Cemetery/Landscaping Fund- $605.46, Fire Protection Fund-$8064.51, Fire Hall Fund-$125.45, Savings Account-$1158.45, Driveways- $4138.55 and CDs- $44696.71.
Motion by Dave Fornengo, second by Jason Fornengo, to approve the Treasurer’s Report.
Clerk Levings presented the Claims List and the Net Payroll List for approval. (Attached to file copy of these minutes). Motion by Dave Fornengo, second by Jason Fornengo, to pay these bills. Carried.
- Announcement- Pine County Township Officers Meeting- Oct. 25- 9am- Hinckley.
- Distributed a copy of the Annual Report of the Tri-Township Disposal District.
- Reminder- New Dosey Township Town Meeting- Oct. 18- 10am- for the purpose of discussing and perhaps deciding whether or not to join the North Pine Area Hospital District.
- CTAS 8 training was excellent- Both the Clerk and the Treasurer attened.
- Interim Zoning Administrator read a Recommendation to the Board from the Planning Commission asking the Board to adopt a Subsurface Sewage Treatment Ordinance similar to that of Pine County. Motion by Dave Fornengo, second by Jason Fornengo, to do so. Supervisors felt that it was important to follow the wishes of the Planning Commission. The Commissioners stated that they had read the Pine County Ordinance and were pleased with Kelly Schroeder’s (Pine County Zoning Administrator) responses to all questions and concerns at the September 10 meeting. Supervisors were advised to read the Ordinance and present any concerns at the November meeting. The procedure then is to rescind the township’s current ordinance, print copies of the new Ordinance, hold a public hearing, publish the Ordinance, then record it with Pine County.
- Road Updates- (1) Dave Baker reported that road work on Red Maple Lane should be completed this week. No culvert was installed and Red Maple Lane is not on the list this year for roadside brushing. (2) Chair Fornengo reported that he examined the culvert on Creek View Lane and it looks OK. He will continue to check on it. (3) Supervisors agreed to contact a Beaver Control Trapper next spring. (4) Dave Baker reported on logging that Deloris Schirmer was having done.
- Truck Replacement- Dave and Jason Fornengo will pick up a used V-Pickup from Boyer Ford Company in Minneapolis. The price is $20,000.25. ( Invoice attached to file copy of these minutes). Voters at the March Annual Township meeting authorized this purchase. A smaller truck will better serve the needs of our small township. We have smaller, narrow roads. The larger truck that we had been using proved to be inefficient in time, money and overhead. This smaller truck will be versatile and , due to ease of operation, will increase our pool of operators.
- Computer Purchase- With a new City Township Accounting System coming from the State Auditor’s Office in December, it is necessary for the township to purchase new laptops for both the Clerk and Treasurer. These laptops are required to have Window 7 capability. We can purchase them and a printer from Cybert PC in Askov for @$1500.00. Motion by Dave Baker, second by Jason Fornengo, to make this purchase.
- Report on Township Legal Seminar sponsored by Ruppe & Couri Law Firm at Rutledge on September 27. Fran Levings reported (1) that the township should have a motion to schedule back-up snow truck operators. Motion by Dave Baker, second by Jason Fornengo, to ask John Fornengo and Dave Fornengo, to be back-up snow truck operators. (2) It is important to have some papers and documents under lock and key, i.e. cemetery records, personnel records. Motion by Dave Baker, second by Jason Fornengo, to authorize an expenditure of @ $600 on this. Carried. (3) Clerk should write the wage in all Resolutions for Conflict of Interest. Conflict of Interest Resolutions should be passed for any Supervisor who ever does non-supervisor labor for the township. (4) All townships should have a Road Supervisor. Motion by Jason Fornengo, second by Dave Fornengo, to appoint Dave Baker as the Township Road Supervisor, with Dave Fornengo as Deputy Road Supervisor. Carried.
Meeting adjourned at 9:10pm.
Fran Levings, Clerk
Also signed by the Chair:_________________________ Date________________