MINUTES- REGULAR NEW DOSEY TOWN BOARD MEETING- JUNE 8, 2016
Meeting called to order at 7:39pm by Chair Dave Fornengo. Also present
were Supervisors Jason Fornengo and Dave Baker, Treasurer Mandy Fornengo, Clerk Fran Levings, and Contractors Todd Elliott and Ed Profitt.
Motion by Jason Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to approve the Agenda. Carried.
Motion by Jason Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to approve the Minutes of the May, 2016, meeting. Carried. Motion by Dave Baker, second by Jason Fornengo, to approve the Minutes of the Board of Review. Carried.
Treasurer Mandy Fornengo presented the Treasurer’s Report (Attached to file copy of these minutes).
- General $3370.39
- Road & Bridge $54,420.13
- Fire Protection $16,190.73
- Cemetery/Landscaping $3734.77
- Fire Hall $125.45
- Savings Account $1160.19
- Driveways $5553.17
- CDs $45,926.73
- TOTAL $130,481.56
Motion by Dave Baker, second by Dave Fornengo, to authorize the clerk to use the debit card to purchase up to $400 worth of cemetery fencing. Carried.
Motion by Dave Fornengo, second by Jason Fornengo, to authorize the clerk to use the debit card to purchase up to $125 worth of office supplies. Carried.
Motion by Dave Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to approve the Treasurer’s Report. Carried.
Clerk Fran Levings presented the Claims List and the Net Payroll List for approval (attached to file copy of these minutes). Motion by Jason Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to approve these payments. Carried.
- Cemetery Fund donations totaled $200 this year. Thank you cards have been sent.
- Clerk had flowers sent to Markville Church for funeral of Al Holter.
- Clerk sent a letter to all residents who are not registered to vote explaining how they could register to do so.
- Demographics report has the township 2016 population at 73 persons.
- NPAHD report- Hospital District Representative Fran Levings said that the majority of employees on the construction crew are local and construction is going along very well. The Assisted-Living Facility will start construction on July 15. NPAHD will have a car in many of the area parades this summer with a magnetic sign on it.
- Road discussion of the availability of quality class-5 gravel. Todd Elliot stated that he has no access to it in the township. He said there is gravel at his father’s place in Markville. He said he could haul from the Swanson place but would have to charge more for it. Chair Fornengo suggested outsourcing the class 5 road work for this year. He will contact gravel companies for prices, perhaps bids. He also said he will contact Pine County about class 5 gravel.
- Motion by Dave Baker, second by Jason Fornengo, to approve Resolution 2016-1: A RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE TOWN CLERK, TOWN TREASURER AND THE TOWN BOARD CHAIR TO MAKE PURCHASES USING THE NORTHVIEW BANK CREDIT/DEBIT CARD. Carried.
- Motion by Dave Baker, second by Dave Fornengo, to hire Robin Fornengo as a 2nd housekeeper at a rate of $20/hour. Carried.
- Chair Fornengo presented a letter for approval by the Board. The letter is written to Mark LeBrun, Pine County Engineer, explaining the township’s concerns with the quality of the Class 5 gravel in the County gravel pit. The letter was approved by consensus
Meeting adjourned at 8:40pm.
Fran Levings, Clerk
Also signed by the Chair _________________________________- Date ________________