MINUTES- REGULAR TOWN BOARD MEETING- MAY 11, 2016
Meeting called to order at 8:30 pm by Vice-chair Dave Baker. Also present were Supervisor and Clerk Fran Levings. Chair Dave Fornengo and Treasurer Mandy Fornengo were absent.
Motion by Jason Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to approve the Agenda. Carried.
Motion by Dave Baker, second by Jason Fornengo, to approve the Minutes of the April 13, 2016 meeting. Carried.
Clerk Fran Levings presented the Treasurer’s Report (attached to file copy of these minutes).
- General Fund $776.86
- Road & Bridge Fund $62,053.96
- Fire Protection Fund $16,190.73
- Cemetery/Landscaping Fund $3.582.85
- Fire Hall Fund $125.45
- Savings Account $1,160.19
- Driveways Fund $5,573.17
- CDs $45,750.08
- TOTAL $135,193.29
(1)Clerk explained that she has now had 2 audits of the CTAS records and bank statements for the past 4 months. One audit with the State Auditor’s Office that she requested and another with the MAT CTAS expert, which the clerk also requested. Neither of these people could find the discrepancy that occurs each month. Each checked all receipts and disbursements since January 1, 2016 and found nothing amiss. The discrepancies have ranged in amounts from $59 -$185, sometimes in the bank’s favor and others in the township’s favor. (2) On another issue, Motion by Jason Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to transfer $7,000 from the Road & Bridge Fund to the General Fund. Carried. (3) Motion by Jason Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to authorized the Treasurer to spend up to $150 for a new vacuum cleaner using the township debit/credit card. Carried. Motion by Jason Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to approve the Treasurer’s Report. Carried.
Clerk Fran Levings presented the Claims List and the Net Payroll List for approval (attached to file copy of these minutes). Motion by Dave Baker, second by Jason Fornengo, to pay these bills. Carried
- 2 Thank-you letters received acknowledging the donation (contract for services) made to each- Old School Arts Center and the Pine County Historical Museum.
- A Legal Seminar will be held on September 17 at the Rutledge Town Hall.
- Road Review will be approved at June meeting and road work assigned.
Dave Baker will contact the grader operator about rocks on the Kingsdale road. Request from a resident to purchase the plow disk was tabled to the June meeting
- 2 property sales made in 2015 were forwarded to the SSTS Supervisor
- NPAHD report- The Task Force is still working on finding an owner for the current hospital building. A crisis plan has been developed in the event of an accident on the construction site. Construction of the new campus is going well.
- Chair Fornengo had reported that he has revisions to make to the Public Input Policy and will present it to the June meeting.
- Chair Fornengo had reported on a call inquiring about the road west of Highway 24 by School House road. Is it a town road? Dave Baker said he researched town road orders and maps and determined that it was certified to the county engineer as a town road to the river. The bridge is now gone, but the road is still a town road to the river.
Meeting adjourned at 8:45pm.
Fran Levings, Clerk
Also signed by the Vice- chair ________________________________ Date ________________