MINUTES- REGULAR MEETING-NEW DOSEY TOWN BOARD- OCTOBER 14, 2015
Meeting called to order at 7:30 by Vice-chair Dave Baker. Also present were Supervisor Jason Fornengo, Treasurer Mandy Fornengo, Clerk Fran Levings, Duxbury Volunteer Fire Chief Mike McCullen, Duxbury Firefighters Don Mishler and Jeff Grandpre and Ron Petroske.
Motion by Jason Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to approve the agenda. Carried.
Motion by Dave Baker, second by Jason Fornengo, to approve the minutes of the September 9, 2015, meeting. Carried.
WATER TANK PLACEMENT- Fire Chief Mike McCullen explained that the space marked out by the Fire Hall was, in his opinion, the most appropriate place to install a water tank for use by the fire department. He said the tank should be installed by November 30. Clerk Levings reported on an email from Chair Dave Fornengo that he preferred a site across Rutabaga Road. The supervisors and firefighters went outside to examine both proposed sites. Upon returning to the town hall, motion by Dave Baker, second by Jason Fornengo, to install the water tank in the place recommended by the fire department. Carried (2-0 vote). Motion then by Jason Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, authorizing a second place should it become necessary to do so before the December board meeting. Carried. Consensus of the board supervisors and firefighters is that they will negotiate where that second site, if necessary to have one, will be. Motion carried. Jeff Grandpre reported that the DNR is very eager to have a water tank at Cloverton. Chief McCullen asked if the township would be willing to sell a gas tank to the fire department. This topic will be put on the agenda of the November town board meeting.
Treasurer Mandy Fornengo presented the Treasurer’s Report and Receipts list (attached to file copy of these minutes). FUND BALANCES:
- General Fund $14,423.61
- Road & Bridge Fund $53,682.62
- Cemetery/Landscaping Fund $2,514,63
- Fire Protection Fund $17,342.91
- Fire Hall Fund $125.45
- Savings Account $1160.70
- Driveways Fund $3,792.45
- CDs $45,394.18
- TOTAL $138,436.54
Motion by Dave Baker, second by Jason Fornengo, to approve the Treasurer’s Report. Carried
Clerk Fran Levings presented the Claims List and Net Payroll List for approval. (Attached to file copy of these minutes). Motion by Jason Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to pay these bills. Carried.
- The November board meeting will be on November 10 because November 11 is Veterans Day. Clerk will publish notices and do the postings
- Lisa McElderry, granddaughter of long time former board member Alfred Proffit donated several items (letters, school records, etc.) that she found in her home to the township. Clerk recommended that we get permission from the voters at the 2016
Annual Meeting to donate them to the Pine County Historical Society where a special section on Cloverton will be established.
- Pine County Township Officers Meeting- Oct. 24- 9am- Hinckley.
- MAT is offering a New Officers Training session at Spring Short Courses. Townships will be reimbursed $50 fee for anyone who takes it.
- Thank-you note received from Tri-State Business Systems in Superior, WI, for township purchase of a filing cabinet.
- All unused electronic equipment is stored in grader garage. Clerk will ask voters at the Annual Meeting for permission to take it to Best Buy for free recycling.
- There are still 3 property owners who are not in compliance with the township Land Use Ordinance. Zoning administrator sent each a 2nd letter on this.
- Motion by Jason Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to sign the 2015 Road Work order as being completed. Carried. Don Mishler reported that the class 5 dirt recently spread on McDermott Creek Road has clay in it. Dave Baker will ask the grader operator to grade it again.
- Motion by Jason Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to sign an Equipment Rental Lease agreement with Ron Mosser. Carried.
- North Pine Area Hospital District Representative Fran Levings reported that the groundbreaking event is on hold until the City of Sandstone meets some final provisions with the Federal Economic Development Authority. Two entities have expressed strong interest in purchasing the current Pine Medical Center when it is vacated in 2017.
- Clerk presented the Current Property Valuation Report as prepared by MATIT. Board supervisors recommended that clerk contact them with the following change: the town hall would have a replacement valuation of $150,000.
- Clerk distributed the annual report of the Tri-Township Disposal District. It will be filed at the town hall.
ANYTHING ELSE TO COME BEFORE THE BOARD:
- Dave Baker reported on the status of Creekview Lane work. He will have a walk-through with Soil & Water and BWSER on Oct. 20. If all goes well, he will request some road work from Todd Elliot Excavating before deer hunting season.
- Ron Petroske was assured by the Board that the ruts on Kingsdale Road that he is concerned about have been addressed.
Meeting adjourned at 8:45pm.
Fran Levings, Clerk Also signed by the Chair ___________________ Date _______