MINUTES-NEW DOSEY TOWN BOARD REGULAR MEETING- AUGUST 10, 2016
Meeting called to order at 7:30pm by Chair Dave Fornengo. Also present were Supervisor Dave Baker, Treasurer Mandy Fornengo, Clerk Fran Levings, MN House of Representative candidate Tom Jones, Ed Proffit, Beverly Carlin and Dave Warchol. Absent was Supervisor Jason Fornengo.
Motion by Dave Baker, second by Dave Fornengo, to approve the Agenda. Carried.
Tom Jones, candidate for MN House of Representatives, introduced himself and fielded questions regarding broadband, mental health concerns, economic development and vocational classes in high schools.
Motion by Dave Baker, second by Dave Fornengo, to approve the minutes of the July 13, 2016, meeting. Carried.
Treasurer Mandy Fornengo presented the Treasurer’s Report. (Attached to file copy of these minutes). Bank Statement Checking Account Balance is: $115,761.81
Savings Account: $1160.48
CDs : $46,011.75
Treasurer & Clerk once again expressed concern that the Bank Statement & CTAS figures do not match. The Clerk sent all records to Lucinda Messman, MAT CTAS expert, to review again.
Clerk Fran Levings presented the Claims List & Net Payroll List for approval (attached to file copy of these minutes). Motion by Dave Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to pay these bills. Carried.
- MAT District Meeting- Aug. 31- 7pm- Anoka/Ramsey Community College
- Township Legal Seminar- Sept. 17- Rutledge Community Center
- Land Use Permit # 134 granted to Davis Jeffreys- Garage.
- NPAHD Report- Township representative serves on 3 committees- Executive Board, Existing Building Task Force, and Art History Wall Committee. The district is still exploring the possibility of a VA Nursing Home in the existing hospital. . Construction on the new campus is continuing to go well. There are lots of rocks. Hopkins Sand & Gravel will take some of them. Some stress among present nursing home employees regarding their future employment. Dave Fornengo also serves on the Art History Wall Committee. A call to area artists will be sent out shortly to explore the idea of them creating art for an exhibit with judges selecting the art for the wall. There is an impasse with leasees regarding who will pay for the links connecting the assisted living facility with the hospital. Chair Ron Osladil was chosen as Minnesota Hosptial Assn Trustee of the Year. The district shared a booth at the Fair with Essentia. We will have a presence in both the Quarry Days and Rutabaga Days events.
- Roads- Chair Fornengo has inquired with Town of Blaine in WI about a roadside brushing contract for this fall.
- Roads- Culverts Dave Baker will conduct a culvert inventory to determine a culvert order.
- Roads- Recent flooding. Consensus is that the township did not incur enough damage in the July flooding to warrant a FEMA application. If the township had incurred a lot of damage, a letter from the Pine County Sheriff announced a meeting to discuss the matter in Willow River.
- Kitchen Sink Leaks- The former housekeeper and one of the current housekeepers for the township requested a purchase of a new kitchen sink due to water leaking under it. Chair Fornengo examined the sink and reported leaking around the top and he will have it re-sealed.
ANYTHING ELSE TO COME BEFORE THE BOARD?
- Supervisor reported that Squib Creek Drive needs some ditching and he will talk to Ron Mosser about a Lease Agreement to have him do the work.
- Frank Rehberger had notified the township that he will not be available for grading from Sept. 8-18. Ed Proffit said he would work on that section of McDermott Creek Road going past Lydia Mishler’s former home.
Meeting adjourned at 9:13pm.
Fran Levings, clerk Also signed by the Chair_______________________