MINUTES-NEW DOSEY TOWN BOARD REGULAR MEETING-FEB. 8, 2017
Meeting called to order at 7:30 pm by Chair Dave Fornengo. Also present was Supervisor Dave Baker, Treasurer Mandy Fornengo and Clerk Fran Levings. Supervisor Jason Fornengo was absent.
Motion by Dave Baker, second by Dave Fornengo, to approve the Agenda. Carried.
Motion by Dave Baker, second by Dave Fornengo, to approve the Minutes of Jan. 11, 2017. Carried.
Treasurer Mandy Fornengo presented the Treasurer’s Report (attached to file copy of these Minutes).
- General Fund $7,920.32
- Road & Bridge Fund $74,071.01
- Fire Protection Fund $20,313.04
- Cemetery/Landscaping Fund $3,404.67
- Fire Hall Fund $125.45
- Driveways $5,934.94
- Savings Account $1,160.77
- CDs $46,248.96
- TOTAL FUNDS $159,179.56
Motion by Dave Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to approve the Treasurer’s Report. Carried.
Clerk Fran Levings presented the Claims List and the Net Payroll List for approval (Attached to file copy of these Minutes). Motion by Dave Baker, second by Dave Fornengo, to pay these bills. Carried.
- PERA (Public Employees Retirement Association) report has been completed and mailed in.
- Town Hall will be open on March 11 from 10 am-noon for Absentee (Early) voting.
- Final draft of the Pine County Comprehensive Plan has been completed. It is on-line w/the County website. A public hearing will be held at the Courthouse on Feb. 21- 10 am. The new Land Use Ordinance will be drafted next.
- Chair Fornengo reported on a somewhat confusing call he had received from a person who thought she had purchased property in New Dosey Township. He referred her to the township website.
1. NPAHD report- Levings reported that the Bistro will not be completed when the hospital opens, but Essentia-Sandstone has contingency plans. The Open House for the hospital only will be May 9. The NPAHD Open House will be when all leasees are in the new building. The Health & Fire Marshalls will inspect the 2nd week on February. A “Punch” list inspection to see what needs to be fixed a little (tiles that may need to be replace, chipped paint, etc.) is taking place. Levings then distributed progress photos and a new Hospital Board membership list.
2.Clerk Levings reported that she had met with an insurance adjustor regarding the personal injury claim made against the township.
- Clerk Levings reported on the Pine County Supervisors/Township Officers meeting she attended at the Courthouse on January 25, 2017. The speaker, Ben Winchester, UM-Extension, talked about the reasons for the decline of rural Minnesota. He listed 4 causes- mechanization of agriculture, roads & transportation, educational population loss, and lower birth rate. He stated that agriculture has NOT been the mainstay of the rural economy for years. Education and health care are. Actually, since 1970, rural populations have increased by 11%. People are moving to rural areas for a slower pace of life, safety & security and low housing costs, NOT for jobs. The entire presentation was very worthwhile.
- Motion by Dave Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to propose an amendment to the Driveways Policy at the Annual Meeting. This amendment will address the issue of whether or not Board members will not have to pay to have their drives plowed. Carried.
Meeting adjourned at 8 pm.
Fran Levings, Clerk
Also signed by the Chair ___________________________