MINUTES-NEW DOSEY TOWN BOARD MEETING-APRIL 10, 2013
Meeting called to order at 6:30pm by Chair Dave Fornengo. Also present were Supervisor Ken Coveau, Treasurer Margaret Coveau and Clerk Fran Levings.
Motion by Ken Coveau, second by Dave Baker, to approve the agenda. Carried.
Motion by Dave Baker, second by Ken Coveau, to approve the minutes of the March 20, 2013, regular meeting. Carried.
Motion by Ken Coveau, second by Dave Baker, to approve the minutes of the Board of Re-Organization meeting on March 20, 2013. Carried.
Treasurer Margaret Coveau presented the Treasurer’s Report (attached to file copy of these minutes). Fund Balances are: General Fund- $9863.81, Road & Bridge Fund- $13807.31, Cemetery/Landscaping Fund- $230.42, Fire Protection- $2347.64, Fire Hall Fund- $125.45, Cartway Fund- $89.15, Savings Account- $1155.34, Driveways Fund- $2341.23. Motion by Dave Fornengo, second by Ken Coveau, to accept the Treasurer’s Report. Carried.
- Thank-You letters received from the Old School Arts Center and the Seven-County Senior Federation for donations received as Contracts for Services.
- Planning Commission (Ed Carlin, John Fornengo, and Fran Levings) met to approve an application for a Minor Subdivision for Robert & Geraldine Doyle. They co-own 40 acres on Doyle Lane and requested that it be subdivided into 2- 20 acre parcels. Application was approved.
- Letter sent to Pine Septic Design Inc. requesting a final report on the mound system inspection on John Goodrich’s property that was done in the summer of 2012.
- Motion by Dave Baker, second by Dave Fornengo, to hire Margaret Coveau to mow the lawns of the town hall grounds and the cemetery at a rate of $25/hour. Ten dollars will be paid each month for gas for the mower. Carried.
- Chair Fornengo will research the cost of having the Internet installed in the town hall.
- Fran Levings and Dave Baker reported on the Pine County Township Officers meeting they attended. Highlights of the meeting were: (1) Sheriff Cole reported that the majority of burglaries in PineCounty are to steal prescription pain-killers. He also reported that Broadband services are on their way to our area out here- Eagle Head tower is going up in Duxbury. (2) Lenny Bonander spoke about the NLX train from Duluth to the Twin Cities. The 157 mile corridor has been mapped and the environmental study has been completed. (3) Curt Nelson spoke against the Hospital District- some townships are trying to withdraw their membership. (4) Gene Winn, DNR, said the major problem facing them now is Aquatic Invasive Species (5) Rick Oleseen, representative for Congressman Rich Nolan, spoke on the need to improve Hwy 70 in southern Pine County.
- Margaret Coveau and Fran Levings reported on the Short Courses for the Minnesota Association of Townships that they had attended- They said that our township is in compliance with all of the rules & regulations.
- Dave Baker reported that 2 pieces of New Dosey Township forfeited land are going on the auction block- Both are in the townsite.
Meeting adjourned at 8:10 pm.
Fran Levings, Clerk
Also signed by the Chair_________________________ Date _________________