MINUTES-REGULAR MEETING-NEW DOSEY TOWN BOARD- APRIL 9, 2014
Meeting called to order at 8pm by Chair Dave Fornengo. Also present were Supervisor Dave Baker and Clerk Fran Levings. Absent were Supervisor Jason Fornengo and Treasurer Margaret Coveau.
Motion by Dave Baker, second by Dave Fornengo, to approve the agenda. Carried.
Motion by Dave Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to approve the minutes of March 19, 2014. Carried.
Motion by Dave Baker, second by Dave Fornengo, to approve the minutes of the Board of Re-Organization. Carried.
Clerk Fran Levings presented the Treasurer’s Report as prepared by Treasurer Margaret Coveau. (Attached to file copy of these minutes). Fund Balances are: General Fund-$5431.36, Road & Bridge Fund- $17137.99, Cemetery/Landscaping Fund- $555.74, Fire Protection Fund- $2927.45, Fire Hall Fund- $125.45, Cartway Fund- $89.15, Savings Account- $1157.65, Driveways Fund- $5748.85 and CDs- $44355.04. Motion by Dave Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to approve the Treasurer’s Report. Carried.
Clerk Fran Levings presented the Claims List and the Net Payroll List for approval. (Attached to file copy of these minutes). Motion by Dave Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to pay these bills. Carried.
- Clerk announced the following schedule for pre-approved activities. The Town Meeting to decide on the unnamed road near the WI border will be held first. The Township decision on the Pine County Subsurface System Ordinance will be studied beginning in July and the Town Meetings to decide whether or not to join the North Pine Area Hospital District will be scheduled in September.
- Clerk began a discussion of how much to pay the person hired to mow lawns for the gas he will need. Motion by Dave Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to pay $25/month towards gas expenses.
- Clerk asked about calling Purple Pumper to flush septic system and was advised to do so.
- Thank you notes/letters had been received from the Seven County Senior Federation, the Pine County Historical Society, the Old School Arts Center, and Family Pathways Senior Services.
NO ZONING REPORT:
- Concerns expressed by both Supervisors that no easement agreement has been reached yet between the affected landowners regarding the unnamed road by the Wisconsin border running @1/4 miles N. of Pine County Highway 32. At a Special Town Meeting held on September 10, 2013, no action was taken with the intent that the property owners work out an easement. It appears that these negotiations may have broken down. The Clerk has sent letters to all property owners giving notice that she planned to ask the Supervisors at the March meeting to schedule another Town Meeting on this same issue. Motion passed at March 19 meeting to hold a Special Town Meeting on this issue. Clerk was advised to do all of the legal notices and notify each affected property owner in writing of this meeting.
- The revision of the Plowing Private Drives Policy was postponed until the April meeting.
- The Pine County sale of tax-forfeited land in our township was discussed. Consensus was that the Town Board would not try to stop the sale of these parcels. Pine County Land Director Greg Beck suggested, via a phone call to Chair Fornengo, using other pieces of land- e.g. land on McDermott Creek Road past Lydia Mishler’s former home or on the Matt Lourey Road. The purpose would be to set up a walk-in campsite/park. Discussion on this concept will continue at future Board meeting.
- Reports on the Pine County Township Officers Meeting- VFW Hinckley- March 29- Clerk Levings reported that the County Board is very concerned about the closing of Riverwood Clinic in Braham. Pine County had over 500 residents getting mental health services at Riverwood and the county is now scrambling to find services for these people. She also noted that Brett Westbrook is running for Pine County Sheriff. Kelly Schroeder, Pine County Assessor, spoke about the new Subsurface Treatment Ordinance. Both the Northern Lights Express and the North Pine Area Hospital District were discussed.
- Chair Fornengo reported on a letter we had received from Centurylink expressing the need to be informed of any major construction projects.
ANYTHING ELSE TO COME BEFORE THE BOARD?
- Chair Fornengo reported that he is involved with a Broadband Committee. He represents Essentia Hospital at the meetings, but says much of what he is learning will affect townships also. There is a need to get Broadband service to “un-served” and “underserved” areas.
Meeting adjourned at 9pm.
Respectfully- Fran Levings, Clerk ____________________ Chair _____________