MINUTES-REGULAR NEW DOSEY TOWNSHIP BOARD MEETING- MARCH 9, 2016
Meeting called to order at 7:30 pm by Chair Dave Fornengo. Also present were Supervisors Dave Baker and Jason Fornengo, Treasurer Mandy Fornengo, Clerk Fran Levings, Ron and Mary Mosser.
Motion by Jason Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to approve the Agenda. Carried.
Motion by Dave Baker, second by Jason Fornengo, to approve the minutes of February, 2016. Carried.
Treasurer Mandy Fornengo presented the Treasurer’s Report. (Attached to file copy of these minutes). FUND BALANCES ARE:
- General Fund $6235.84
- Road & Bridge Fund $54239.43
- Cemetery/Landscaping Fund $3582.85
- Fire Protection Fund $16190.73
- Fire Hall Fund $125.45
- Savings Account $1159.90
- Driveways Fund $5605.18
- CDs $45750.08
- TOTAL FUNDS $132889.46
Clerk Levings reported that after a conversation with Mark Albarado from the State Auditor’s Office, she needed a motion to deduct $45.61 from the Road & Bridge Fund beginning balance in order to balance the bank statement with the CTAS records. Motion by Dave Fornengo, second by Jason Fornengo, to do so. Motion carried. Clerk Levings also reported that she had received an email from a MAT attorney questioning the use of the township debit card without prior board approval for each purchase. Board members agreed that this would be a hardship for the board because sometimes immediate purchases are necessary. Chair Fornengo said he would pursue this issue with MAT. Motion by Dave Fornengo, second by Jason Fornengo, to accept the Treasurer’s Report. Carried.
Clerk Levings presented the Claims List and the Net Payroll list for approval. (Attached to file copy of these minutes.) Motion by Dave Baker, second by Dave Fornengo, to pay these bills. Carried.
- Dates to remember- March 23 Board of Re-Organization
March 26 Pine County Township Officer Mtg
April 1 MAT Short Course
April 11 Board of Review
- NPAHD Report- Representative Levings reported that a task force is developing a Request for Expression of Interest to seek interested persons or organizations to purchase the existing hospital building. A “Beam Signing” event was also held and Levings and Dave Fornengo both signed this beam.
- Emergency Preparedness Program- Chair Fornengo reported that personnel changes at the county level are causing a delay at this time. Training is available for a Sky Warm Program – ham radios are involved in this.
- Road Concerns- Several were mentioned and will be kept under continued consideration, e.g. grading is needed when weather is appropriate, multiple road inspections may be needed, township must be financially prepared to replace the huge culvert on Rocky Ridge Road and some of the Class 5 gravel is not of good quality. Ron Mosser questioned the policy of board members being exempt from paying the fee to have their private drive plowed after a snowstorm. Chair Fornengo said the board considered this to be compensation for all work done by supervisors that they do not bill for. Supervisor Jason Fornengo explained that he always plugged the truck in at this home at his expense and did not bill for this. He also does not bill for his time in taking the truck to be filled with gas in Danbury or Askov. Supervisor Baker said that his “driveway” was actually still part of Squib Creek Drive. Clerk Levings said she will suggest an amendment to the Driveways Policy at the next Annual Meeting.
- Letter from CenturyLink requesting to know about any road construction will be filed.
- Annual Financial Report from the Duxbury was shown to the Board and will be filed.
ANYTHING ELSE TO COME BEFORE THE BOARD:
- Ron Mosser was granted permission to purchase a culvert from the township.
Meeting adjourned at 8:45pm.
Fran Levings, Clerk
Also signed by the Chair: _______________________________ Date ______________