MINUTES-REGULAR NEW DOSEY TOWN BOARD MEETING
Meeting called to order at 7:30pm by Chair Dave Fornengo. Also present were Supervisors Dave Baker and Jason Fornengo and Clerk Fran Levings. Absent were Treasurer Margaret Coveau and Deputy Clerk Mandy Fornengo.
Motion by Jason Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to approve the Agenda. Carried.
Motion by Dave Baker, second by Jason Fornengo, to approve the minutes of the December 9, 2014, meeting. Carried.
Clerk Levings presented the Treasurer’s Report as prepared by Treasurer Margaret Coveau. (Attached to file copy of these Minutes).
- GENERAL FUND $12,562.27
- ROAD & BRIDGE FUND $8.956.80
- CEMETERY/LANDSCAPING $1,292.70
- FIRE PROTECTION $6,237.47
- FIRE HALL $125.45
- SAVINGS ACCOUNT $1,158.74
- DRIVEWAYS $4,985.57
- CDs $44,871.43
- TOTAL $80,190.43
Motion by Dave Fornengo, second by Jason Fornengo, to approve the Treasurer’s Report. Carried.
Clerk Levings presented the Claims List and the Net Payroll Lists for approval. (Attached to file copy of these Minutes). Motion by Dave Fornengo, second by Jason Fornengo, to pay these bills. Carried
- Filing for township election offices is closed. Dave Fornengo is running unopposed for the 3-year term as Supervisor. Mandy Fornengo is running unopposed for the 2-year term as Treasurer and Fran Levings is running unopposed for the 2-year term as Representative to the North Pine Area Hospital District Board.
- Motion by Dave Fornengo, second by Jason Fornengo, to appoint Beverly Carlin, Agnes Sexton and Robin Fornengo to serve as election judges and to serve as the Absentee Ballot Board for the March 10th Annual Election. Carried.
- Update on the CTAS “migration” process- Many account numbers must be changed and the State Auditor’s Office plans to issue more update instructions in a few weeks.
- The Clerk and Deputy Clerk will present a proposed 2015 budget to the Supervisors at the February meeting.
- Reminder- Public Hearing- Feb. 7- 10am- SSTS Ordinance- The Board makes the decision on this, not the voters. The purpose of the meeting is to get input and ideas. When the Board has decided on the Ordinance, it will be published in a summary in the Pine County Courier, then recorded with the Pine County Recorder. A SSTS administrator will be appointed at the Annual Meeting.
- Internet Connection Update- It will be less expensive to purchase cell phones as opposed to a landline telephone. Chair Fornengo is still negotiating on this
- Supervisor reported that the new State Forester Brian Allshouse had called to introduce himself. He said the DNR has a gravel pit north of Kingsdale that the township may use.
- Motion by Dave Fornengo, second by Jason Fornengo, to approve the 2015 calendar. Carried.
- Fran Levings reported on the December meeting of the North Pine Area Hospital District Board that she attended. Arlone Township is still exploring its options for withdrawal from the District. The Board now has a website- www.PineHospitalDistrict.com The new planned Health Care Campus has a projected cost of @$20million and has 3 tenants so far- Essentia Hospital, Gateway Clinic and Thrifty White Pharmacy. The Board also has plans for community outreach. Motion by Jason Fornengo, second by Dave Fornengo, to appoint Fran Levings to be the township representative to the North Pine Area Hospital Board until the Township Election on March 10, 2015. Carried.
Meeting adjourned at 8:50pm.
Fran Levings, Clerk
Also signed by the Chair______________________________ Date____________________