MINUTES- REGULAR MEETING-NEW DOSEY TOWN BOARD- DEC. 14, 2016
Meeting called to order at 7:30pm by Chair Dave Fornengo. Also present were Supervisors Jason Fornengo and Dave Baker, Treasurer Mandy Fornengo and Clerk Fran Levings.
Motion by Jason Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to approve the Agenda. Carried.
Motion by Dave Baker, second by Jason Fornengo, to approve the Minutes of the November 9, 2016 meeting. Carried.
Treasurer Mandy Fornengo presented the Treasurer’s Report (attached to file copy of these minutes). FUND BALANCES:
- General Fund $11,130.76
- Road & Bridge Fund $71,158.51
- Fire Protection Fund $23,723.09
- Cemetery/Landscaping $3,168.73
- Fire Hall Fund $125.45
- Driveways Fund $6,313.99
- Savings Account $1,160.77
- CDs $46.249.96
- TOTAL $163,030.26
Motion by Dave Baker, second by Jason Fornengo, to approve the Treasurer’s Report. Carried.
Clerk Fran Levings presented the Claims List & the Net Payroll List for approval (attached to file copy of these minutes). Motion by Dave Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to pay these bills. Carried.
- Filing dates for the Township Election to be held on March 14, 2016, will be from Jan. 3-17. One Supervisor for a 3-year term and One Treasurer for a 2-year term will be elected.
- An outhouse on the State Line Road on property owned by a Gun Club has been reported as being out of compliance with the Pine County Septic Ordinance. Septic Administrator Dave Fornengo will look into this in the spring.
- NPAHD Report: (1) The City of Finlayson has a new representative to the Board. Brent Henry tied with incumbent Dennis Liebelt with 4 votes each. Mr. Henry then won the coin toss to break the tie.
(2)The City of Hinckley also has a new representative to the Board. Keith Osgood was elected via a write-in vote. (3)Cloverton artist Dave Baker has been commissioned to do an oil painting for the meditation room in the new hospital in Sandstone. (4)The Executive Board has been working on selecting signage to be placed on the freeway and at the entrance on Lundorff Drive.
- Road Issues: (1) Annual Roadside Brushing has been done. Our township contracts with the Town of Blaine in Wisconsin for this job.
(2) Doug Wiita informed Supervisor Baker that he did complete the work on Creekview Lane this year. This work will be put on the 2017 Road Work Order.
- Motion by Dave Fornengo, second by Dave Baker to approve the 2017 Township Calendar with the following revisions- (1) The January meeting will be held on Jan. 11, not Jan. 10 and (2) add March 15- Regular Town Board Meeting. Carried.
Meeting adjourned at 7:55pm.
Fran Levings, Clerk
Also signed by the Chair _____________________ Date_________________