MINUTES- NEW DOSEY TOWN BOARD MEETING- JULY 9, 2014
Meeting called to order at 7:30pm by Chair Dave Fornengo. Also present were Supervisors Dave Baker and Jason Fornengo, Clerk Fran Levings, Deputy Clerk Mandy Fornengo and Naomi Burtnick. Absent was Treasurer Margaret Coveau.
Motion by Dave Baker, second by Jason Fornengo, to approve the Agenda. Carried.
Motion by Jason Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to approve the minutes of the June 11, 2014, meeting. Carried.
Clerk Fran Levings presented the Treasurer’s Report as done by Treasurer Margaret Coveau. (Attached to file copy of these minutes). FUND BALANCES ARE: General Fund- $7314.45, Road & Bridge Fund- $28,928.52, Cemetery/Landscaping Fund- $649.07, Fire Protection Fund- $5686.71, Fire Hall Fund- $125.45, Cartway Fund- $89.15, Savings Account- $1150.16, Driveways Fund- $4330.79 and CDs- $44,524.59. Motion by Dave Baker, second by Dave Fornengo, to approve the Treasurer’s Report. Carried.
Clerk Fran Levings presented the Claims List and the Net Payroll List for approval. (Attached to file copy of these minutes). Motion by Jason Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to pay these bills. Carried.
- Clerk requested a new printer. Motion by Dave Baker, second by Dave Fornengo, to do so. Carried. Chair Fornengo will a new laptop computer, printer and scanner.
- Phasing out the Proffit cartway was tabled until the August meeting.
- Clerk reported that she has sent a letter to the Pine County Emergency
Coordinator requesting emergency numbers for the so-called Kirchberg Road and for School House Drive.
- Clerk asked for input on whether or not to change the rates charged for cemetery graves and lots. She was asked to research other townships to learn what rates they have.
- Certificate of Minor-Subdivision issued to Don Eddy.
- Pine County Assessor/Zoning Commissioner Kelly Schroeder will attend the August meeting to discuss the Pine County SSTS Ordinance. Planning Commissioners Ed Carlin and John Fornengo will also attend this meeting. All Board members and Planning members will be given a copy of the ordinance in advance of the meeting.
- Road Work Update- Greg Beck and Jason Fornengo examined Doyle Road and suggest that a culvert be installed. T&T Logging will do this work as a repair responsibility. Creek View Lane- all is fine. Chair Fornengo has received several emails stating that the road is washed out. He drove the road and reports that it is fine. The culvert that is washed out is beyond where the township is doing work. The culvert may be plastic. A few more loads of pit run are required.
- Unnamed Road Update- Correspondence indicates that no easement will be reached between the property owners. Supervisor Baker did a “walk- through” with Pine County Soil & Water and the Army Corps of Engineers. The township will need a permit from the Army Corps for a new culvert. The Clerk will give the road a name and order a sign from Pine County and an emergency number. The road will be added to the 2014 Road Certification list. Supervisors will install a Minimum-Maintenance sign and order pit run to be spread on the road.
- Motion by Jason Fornengo, second by Dave Baker, to sign a contract with the Town of Blaine in Wisconsin for roadside brushing to be done. Chair Fornengo displayed a map of all township roads on his laptop. Carried.
- Our township does not qualify for the Great River Energy Proposal.
- Motion by Dave Baker, second by Jason Fornengo, to register for the Pine County On-line Property Records program. Carried.
- Purchase of a safe for keeping important documents was postponed for the August meeting.
- Minnesota Association of Township Short Course report by Clerk Levings. She learned that the person who does the mowing for a township must use township equipment if scheduled as an employee as opposed to a contractor. Consensus was to lease the mower from the employee. Clerk will look into this.
ANYTHING ELSE TO COME BEFORE THE BOARD?
- Lengthy discussion of employing Ron Mosser to be the township mechanic. He is an experienced diesel mechanic. He is willing to work for the township for $25/hour. His pension would be negatively affected if he receives a check from the township. Therefore, he will not be able to be hired as either an employee or a contractor. The Board granted permission to Frank Rehberger to work on the town grader at his home where he has the necessary tools. Mr. Rehberger will then bill the township for his time and expenses.
- Dave Baker reported on a conversation he had with a property owner on School House Drive across the creek making it difficult to access. He claimed that the road is in pretty bad shape. He would be willing to work with the township on this. Mr. Baker will contact our road contractors about this.
- Chair Fornengo will do some pricing on new grader tires.
- A property owner requested that gravel be put on that part of Loggers Lane that is a Minimum-Maintenance Road.
- Motion by Dave Fornengo, second by Jason Fornengo, to renew the agreement between the DNR and the township over the Matt Lourey Trail.
Meeting adjourned at 9:15pm.
Fran Levings, Clerk
Also signed by the Chair:________________________________ Date ____________